Warren Fire Department has provided mutual aid to Fraser Public Safety in their response to a school/academy facility located at 13201 Caroline where some 20 kids were exposed to an unknown suspected chemical.
First thought to be carbon monoxide but now thought to be a chemical exposure of some sort. Warren Fire has been there since 1:09 PM. Fire has cleared the area and have found nothing in the air. But it is suspected that some unknown person may have released a mace spray. This might have created sensitivity in the children. The children have been transported to a hospital for further evaluation.
All children are fine and expected to be released to their parents. Great job on the part of the Warren Fire Department and Fire Commissioner Skip McAdams on a quick response. This is a good example of collaboration between Warren and other area fire departments. Most importantly the children are all fine!